Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Quite the scare

So, last night, I sent in my submissions for both Piggy Tales and October Afternoon. It was around 9 when I got them sent in. Midnight was the deadline for the Piggy Tales so I submitted that onee first. I did the October Afternoon submission next and after I sent that email off I noticed I recieved a new email..It was a "Mailer Demon!--address unknown" My Piggy Tales one was sent back! I accidently put an extra 'n' in the address. So, I fixed it, resent it and thought it was good. Well about a half hour later I checked again and I got another mailer demon! This time I figured it was because my aol capitalized the beginning and maybe the address was case sensitive. I wanted to fix it but had to get the kids to bed so I thought I would just do it right after that. Well, after I put Suzi to bed I started scrapbooking and at about midnight I remembered I forgot to resend it. I wanted to cry so bad! So I thought I'd get the brilliant idea to resend it, with the mailer demon messages, proving I did send it before midnight. So I sent it a third time, made sure everything was perfect and sent it again. I waited for a couple of minutes then checked my mail...guess what? Another demon! And this point I was in tears. I posted on a message board my fustration then i noticed the clock...12:46 am...MOUNTAIN TIME. I still had 14 minutes to get my entry in. It was only 11:46 pm pacific! So, I sent it a fourth time from my Yahoo email and I am happy to report, this morning I got a confirmation email saying they recieved my Submission!!! I'm so happy!

I also made 1 page last night. I LOVE how it turned out. I pretty much scraplifted a layout from Scrapbook etc. magazine so it took like 20 minutes to do. My stitching program has issues when I use white backgrounds so the image isn't the greatest, but it is one of my new favorite layouts!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I never submit at the last minute for that very reason. I'm glad you get it sent in time. Good luck with the call, I hope you make one or both of the teams!

    ReplyDelete